Violence Interrupters, INC Chicago
Activity Report (January 2022 – Dec 2022)
- South Austin Community- provided services to 100 High Risk Youth from the South Austin Community. Services included-mediating 30 high risk conflicts, referred 25 High Risk Youth to Job Training Programs, re-enrolled 40 High Risk Youth in High School Programs, referred 35 High Risk Youth to mental health, substance abuse, and trauma support.
- Domestic Violence Support- Violence Interrupters removed 5 young women from Domestic Violence related situations. Relocating the young women from their homes where the Domestic Violence occurred. All 5 Women are safe and working jobs now.
- West Garfield Community- Violence Interrupters provided Conflict Resolution Services to over 70 High Risk Youth in the West Garfield Community, mediating 20 conflicts, providing guidance to the 70 high risk youth daily. All 70 High Risk Youth have not reoffended since the start of the program and 52 of the High-Risk Youth are currently working several different jobs. The remaining 18 High- Risk Youth have been referred to social service programs.
- Violence Interrupters organized 10 Restorative Justice Peace Circles in the South Austin, Evanston, Highland Park, Chatham, Auburn Gresham, and West Garfield Communities.
- Violence Interrupters facilitated 20 Violence Interruption Trainings with various organizations throughout Chicago, Boston, Detroit, San Francisco, and Atlanta.
- Shooting and Homicide Reductions- South Austin is currently experiencing a 61% reduction in Homicides and 50% reduction in Shootings from January 1, 2022-December 31, 2022, compared to the same period in 2021.
- Violence Interrupters retained all staff hired in 2022.
- Violence Interrupters held their Board Meeting on Saturday December 10, 2022.
- All Fiscal Reports were filed on time to the state and federal government in 2022.
- Violence Interrupters were featured on the local and national news over 50 times in Year 2022.